Hi Melvin, I have a theory here. Did the original $ROOTDIR/etc/vm.args file
still contain a “-name” directive?

Multiple “-args_file” inclusions are OK, but when there are conflicting “-name”
settings the node will default to nonode@nohost. When you specify both “-name”
and “-sname” the latter will take precedence. Try removing the “-name” from
$ROOTDIR/etc/vm.args and setting it using either of your first two methods.
Cheers,

Adam