Yup! Scroll a little bit down in our docs and we provide a minimal working config for Nginx. As the docs say:

"Proxy buffering must be disabled, or continuous replication will not function correctly behind nginx."

https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/best-practices/reverse-proxies.html?highlight=haproxy#reverse-proxying-with-nginx

-Joan "lisp machines are fun" Touzet

On 2020-05-01 15:29, Joel Jucá wrote:
You can make this setup using Nginx too. I'm unsure about haproxy but Nginx
is quite trivial to setup.

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 4:26 PM Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Bill,

haproxy should be as simple as installing the binary on your *NIX
platform, then using something similar to our shipped configuration:

https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/best-practices/reverse-proxies.html?highlight=haproxy#reverse-proxying-with-haproxy

Also, I see this walkthrough is referenced elsewhere as working for
Let's Encrypt and CouchDB:

https://www.joshmorony.com/creating-a-couchdb-database-on-an-ubuntu-server-digital-ocean/

Hope they help,
Joan "3.0.1 and 3.1.0 out hopefully next week" Touzet