I'm currently struggling with similar issues.

I think that the problem has something to do with the fact that there was a
change between Java 1.7 and 1.8. Java 1.8 requires that the get and set
methods of classes be the same type, unlike 1.7 (apparently).

I was able to get CVD to run by downgrading my JDK to 1.7. I did this using
jenv (http://www.jenv.be/) on my OSX machine. Once I switched my JDK
between 1.8 and 1.7, CVD stopped throwing the exceptions. Yay!

Unfortunately, I am still encountering problems when trying to install YTEX
so that it creates lookups with the UMLS database that I installed locally,
instead of just using the toy dictionary (i.e., creating the umls_aui_fword
tables). I get the introspection errors that I thought that I had
eliminated by going down to JDK 1.7.

My exceptions occur when the build script tries to build a bean for
org.apache.ctakes.ytex.weka.GramMatrixExporterImpl. Based on the
documentation that I found, this class is deprecated, so I'm not sure why
I'm getting this error. I don't even know that I need weka. However, I do
need WSD, which is why I'm installing YTEX at all.

Alan

--
J. Alan Simmons
Solution Architect

(c) +1.773.220.5018

--
This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential
information and/or protected health information (PHI) that is protected by