There was a thread about this on dev@ctakes recently.

From: Michael Trepanier <<>>
Date: Friday, March 9, 2018 at 1:42 PM
To: <<>>
Subject: Leveraging cTAKES without a UMLS Credential Check

Hi All,

Is it possible to avoid the UMLS credential check each time cTAKES is run? It
seems like cTAKES would be configurable in such a way to use UMLS credentials
to acquire the sno_rx_16abterms dictionary once, and then not need to check
against UMLS in future runs.

In particular, I am thinking for instances where cTAKES is being run either
offline or in a highly parallel fashion and there is a chance UMLS could be
bombarded with credential checks. If there is documentation on how to configure
such a setup, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me to it.

[MetiStream Logo - 500]
Mike Trepanier| Big Data Engineer | MetiStream, Inc. |<> | 845 - 270 - 3129 (m) |<>