I was running the same question by everyone a while back. From what we
understand so far it seems that this may go away once you build and load your
own dictionary vs using the default you mentioned. But we' haven't tested that
yet. Lincoln

From: Michael Trepanier [mailto:m...@metistream.com]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 4:42 PM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Leveraging cTAKES without a UMLS Credential Check

Hi All,

Is it possible to avoid the UMLS credential check each time cTAKES is run? It
seems like cTAKES would be configurable in such a way to use UMLS credentials
to acquire the sno_rx_16abterms dictionary once, and then not need to check
against UMLS in future runs.

In particular, I am thinking for instances where cTAKES is being run either
offline or in a highly parallel fashion and there is a chance UMLS could be
bombarded with credential checks. If there is documentation on how to configure
such a setup, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me to it.

Regards,

Mike

--
[MetiStream Logo - 500]
Mike Trepanier| Big Data Engineer | MetiStream, Inc. |

confidential information including personal information protected by federal
and/or state privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of the addressee
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message. Highmark Health is a Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation. This
communication may come from Highmark Health or one of its subsidiaries or
affiliated businesses.