Using intellij IDEA to work on a ctakes project. Currently I have added the
jars by copying them to some folder and pointing intellij to that folder as
a library in the File --> Project Structure. The way I am using the
resources/ folder right now is by having it in the same folder as a src
folder in the intellij project ("marked as" as "source" folder) and using
the context menu on this resources/ copy to "mark as" a "resource root"
(doing same for desc/ folder) (please let me know if this is notthe correct
way to be doing this).

I a running a simple variation of the HelloWorldAggregatePipeline.java
(that can be found in the ctakes trunk/ctakes-examples/...) using the
ClinicalPipelineFactory.getDefaultPipeline() and getting error message:

05 Apr 2018 13:02:17  INFO DictionaryDescriptorParser - Parsing dictionary
> specifications:
> 05 Apr 2018 13:02:17  INFO UmlsUserApprover - Checking UMLS Account at
> https://uts-ws.nlm.nih.gov/restful/isValidUMLSUser:
> *...05 Apr 2018 13:02:19  INFO UmlsUserApprover -   UMLS Account has been
> validated*
> Exception in thread "main" 05 Apr 2018 13:02:19 ERROR *JdbcRareWordDictionary
> - Could not Connect to Dictionary sno_rx_16abTerms*
> org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Initialization
> of annotator class
> "org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup2.ae.DefaultJCasTermAnnotator" failed.
> (Descriptor: <unknown>)
> at
> org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:274)

The  problem seems to be "*JdbcRareWordDictionary - Could not Connect to
Dictionary sno_rx_16abTerms*". Yet, I see that I am passing as a valid UMLS
user, so I don' know why else this would be failing. I (think I) see that
this connection info is stored in
/resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/sno_rx_16ab.xml, but
don't know how it is being accessed in the code. If anyone knows what's
going on here, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.