I have a table that is a directory of parquet files, each row had say 3
columns, and the table is split into subdirectories that allow me to use
dir0 partitioning.

so if I select * from `table`

I get col1, col2, col3, and dir0 as my fields returned.

So if I create a view

CREATE VIEW view_myview as
select dir0 as `p_day`, col1, col2, col3 from `path/to/table`

and run
select * from view_myview

why, in sqlline, isn't the first column named "p_day"

I can reference things in my query by p_day, however, the returned results,
still say dir0?

I dir0 | col1| col2 | col3 |

If I do select p_day, col1 then I get

| dir0 | col1|

if I do select p_day then I get

| _DEFAULT_COL_TO_READ_ | dir0 |

where the first column (DEFAULT_COL_TO_READ) is always null.

If I do select dir0 from view I get "dir0" not found.

I guess, the "expected" (principal of least surprise) would be to have it
just be a column, that is always labeled p_day, and if I only select that,
I get the dir0 value repeated for each value.

Am I over thinking minutia again? :)