Hi Piyush,

In the onElement function, you register a timer every time you receive an
element.

When the next watermark arrives, in the flag==false case, this will lead to
every element
adding a timer for its timestamp+60000ms. The same for flag==true case, with
20000ms interval.

What you can try is to set only once, at the first element the initial trigger
for 60 sec, and then
just set all the rest in the on the onEventTime with 20 sec.

To have a look at a custom trigger you can look at here:
https://github.com/kl0u/flink-examples/blob/master/src/main/java/com/dataartisans/flinksolo/beam_comparison/customTriggers/EventTimeTriggerWithEarlyAndLateFiring.java

<https://github.com/kl0u/flink-examples/blob/master/src/main/java/com/dataartisans/flinksolo/beam_comparison/customTriggers/EventTimeTriggerWithEarlyAndLateFiring.java>

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need any help.