Hi Timur,

> On Apr 28, 2016, at 10:40pm, Timur Fayruzov <timur.fairu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you're talking about parameters that were set on JVM startup then `ps
> aux|grep flink` on an EMR slave node should do the trick, that'll give you
> the full command line.

No, I’m talking about values that come from flink-conf.yaml.

Maybe there’s no good reason to worry, but in Hadoop land you can have
parameters set via the conf on the client, which in turn get overridden by
values from conf files on the nodes, which you can then override via command
line parameters, which in turn can be changed by the user code.

Plus parameters that can be flagged as final/unmodifiable, and thus some of the
above actually don’t change anything.

So it’s a common issue where what you think you set as a value isn’t actually
being used, and that’s why examining the job conf that was actually deployed
with tasks is critical.

— Ken

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 9:00 PM, Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com
> <mailto:kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m running jobs on EMR via YARN, and wondering how to check exactly what
> configuration settings are actually being used.
>
> This is mostly for the TaskManager.
>
> I know I can modify the conf/flink-conf.yaml file, and (via the CLI) I can
> use -yD param=value.
>
> But my experience with Hadoop makes me want to see the exact values being
> used, versus assuming I know what’s been set :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> — Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378