Hi Max,

> On May 2, 2016, at 4:43am, Maximilian Michels <m...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> When you're running Yarn, the Flink configuration is created once and
> shared among all nodes (JobManager and TaskManagers). Please have a
> look at the JobManager tab on the web interface. It shows you the
> configuration.

I’ve seen that, but the values displayed don’t match what I’m setting, or what
I see in the logs.

I’m running a job using ./bin/flink run, with parameters:

-ytm 20000 \
-yjm 2048 \
-ys 4 \
-p 10 \
-yD taskmanager.network.numberOfBuffers=3000 \
-yD taskmanager.memory.off-heap=true

Here’s a screenshot from the JobManager:

If that doesn’t come through, it’s showing:

job manager.heap.mb     256
taskmanager.heap.mb     512
taskmanager.memory.off-heap     true
taskmanager.network.numberOfBuffers     3000
taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots   1

So numberOfBuffers seems right, same with memory.off-heap.

But taskmanager.heap.mb looks like a default value, same for numberOfTaskSlots
and jobmanager.heap.mb

When I look at my actual job, the settings I’m seeing for number of slots (as
an example) match what I’m specifying from the command line.

When I look at the JobManager logs, I see -Xmx1448M, which I guess is an
approximation of the 2048 I specified.

And when I look at the TaskManager logs, the JVM settings match what I’d expect
(for -ytm 20000, so 15GB direct, and about 5GB for the JVM).
2016-05-05 01:07:16,161 INFO  org.apache.flink.yarn.YarnTaskManagerRunner
            -  JVM Options:
2016-05-05 01:07:16,161 INFO  org.apache.flink.yarn.YarnTaskManagerRunner
            -     -Xms4500m
2016-05-05 01:07:16,161 INFO  org.apache.flink.yarn.YarnTaskManagerRunner
            -     -Xmx4500m
2016-05-05 01:07:16,161 INFO  org.apache.flink.yarn.YarnTaskManagerRunner
            -     -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=15000m
So I guess I’ve got two questions…

1. What is the meaning of the values I’m seeing in the JobManager UI.

2. How do I figure out what the TaskManager is getting for -yD
taskmanager.tmp.dirs, as an example.

Thanks,

— Ken