Sorry - I forgot to include my stack trace too. Here it is:

The program finished with the following exception:

org.apache.flink.client.program.ProgramInvocationException: The program
execution failed: Job execution failed.
at org.apache.flink.client.program.Client.runBlocking(Client.java:381)
at org.apache.flink.client.program.Client.runBlocking(Client.java:355)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamContextEnvironment.execute(StreamContextEnvironment.java:65)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.scala.StreamExecutionEnvironment.execute(StreamExecutionEnvironment.scala:536)
at com.me.flink.job.MyFlinkJob$.main(MyFlinkJob.scala:85)
at com.me.flink.job.MyFlinkJob.main(MyFlinkJob.scala)
at
at
at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgram.java:505)
at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.invokeInteractiveModeForExecution(PackagedProgram.java:403)
at org.apache.flink.client.program.Client.runBlocking(Client.java:248)
at
org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.executeProgramBlocking(CliFrontend.java:866)
at org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.run(CliFrontend.java:333)
at
org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.parseParameters(CliFrontend.java:1192)
at org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.main(CliFrontend.java:1243)
Caused by: org.apache.flink.runtime.client.JobExecutionException: Job
execution failed.
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager$$anonfun$handleMessage$1$$anonfun$applyOrElse$7.apply$mcV$sp(JobManager.scala:717)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager$$anonfun$handleMessage$1$$anonfun$applyOrElse$7.apply(JobManager.scala:663)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager$$anonfun$handleMessage$1$$anonfun$applyOrElse$7.apply(JobManager.scala:663)
at
scala.concurrent.impl.Future$PromiseCompletingRunnable.liftedTree1$1(Future.scala:24)
at
scala.concurrent.impl.Future$PromiseCompletingRunnable.run(Future.scala:24)
at akka.dispatch.TaskInvocation.run(AbstractDispatcher.scala:41)
at
akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:401)
at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
at
scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.pollAndExecAll(ForkJoinPool.java:1253)
at
scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1346)
at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
at
scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Could not forward element to next operator
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.internals.KinesisDataFetcher.run(KinesisDataFetcher.java:150)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.FlinkKinesisConsumer.run(FlinkKinesisConsumer.java:285)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamSource.run(StreamSource.java:78)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.SourceStreamTask.run(SourceStreamTask.java:56)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:225)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:559)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not forward element to next
operator
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.collect(OperatorChain.java:354)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.collect(OperatorChain.java:337)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamSource$ManualWatermarkContext.collect(StreamSource.java:318)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.internals.ShardConsumerThread.run(ShardConsumerThread.java:141)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.me.avro.MyAvroType cannot be
cast to com.me.avro.MyAvroType
at com.me.flink.job.MyFlinkJob$$anonfun$1.apply(MyFlinkJob.scala:61)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.scala.DataStream$$anon$1.extractAscendingTimestamp(DataStream.scala:746)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.functions.AscendingTimestampExtractor.extractTimestamp(AscendingTimestampExtractor.java:71)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.operators.TimestampsAndPeriodicWatermarksOperator.processElement(TimestampsAndPeriodicWatermarksOperator.java:63)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.collect(OperatorChain.java:351)
... 3 more