Hi,

Please also note that the “auto.offset.reset” property is only respected
when there is no offsets under the same consumer group in ZK. So,
currently, in order to make sure you read from the latest / earliest
offsets every time you restart your Flink application, you’d have to use an
unique groupId on each restart.

We’re currently working on new configuration for the Kafka consumer to
explicitly configure the starting offset / position without respecting
existing offsets in ZK. You can follow the corresponding JIRA here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-4280.

Regards,
Gordon

On August 5, 2016 at 8:47:32 PM, Stefan Richter (s.rich...@data-artisans.com)