From: Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai [mailto:tzuli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2016 8:57 PM
To: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to get latest offsets with FlinkKafkaConsumer

Hi,

Please also note that the “auto.offset.reset” property is only respected when
there is no offsets under the same consumer group in ZK. So, currently, in
order to make sure you read from the latest / earliest offsets every time you
restart your Flink application, you’d have to use an unique groupId on each
restart.

We’re currently working on new configuration for the Kafka consumer to
explicitly configure the starting offset / position without respecting existing
offsets in ZK. You can follow the corresponding JIRA here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-4280.

Regards,
Gordon

On August 5, 2016 at 8:47:32 PM, Stefan Richter