No this is supposed to be task of the filesystem. Here you can have HDFS (you
just put the file on HDFS and it is accessible from everywhere and flink tries
to execute computation on the nodes where it is stored) or an object store,
such as Swift or S3 (with the limitation that the file is then loaded by flink
into the cluster, so there is no data locality as with HDFS).