Hey,

Indeed checkpointing iterations and dealing with closed sources are orthogonal
issues, that is why the latter is not part of FLIP-15. Though, you kinda need
both to have meaningful checkpoints for jobs with iterations.
One has to do with correctness (checkpointing strongly connected components in
the execution graph) and the other about termination (terminating the
checkpointing protocol when certain tasks ‘finish’).

I am willing to help out resolving the first issue, though I prefer to wait for
ongoing changes in the network model and FLIP-6 to be finalised to apply this
change properly (are they?).

Paris