Thank you for your answer.

> For POJOs Flink has a custom serializer. For arbitrary objects we use
> kryo, and can use Avro as a fallback.
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/dev/types_serialization.html#serialization-of-pojo-types

It may be the reverse.
Kryo is for fallback, right?

On 2018/07/11 19:00, Chesnay Schepler wrote:
1) TypeInformation are used to create serializers, comparators and to verify correctness of certain operations (like projections on tuple datasets).

2) see https://flink.apache.org/news/2015/05/11/Juggling-with-Bits-and-Bytes.html

3) Flink comes with a number of serializers for varying types as outlined here <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/dev/types_serialization.html#flinks-typeinformation-class>. For POJOs Flink has a custom serializer. For arbitrary objects we use kryo, and can use Avro as a fallback.