Hi,

does that mean https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5627
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5627> is no longer relevant for
you, since it seems to request the behaviour that we have now?

But yes, I think it's currently not possible (with out-of-box functionality) to
write externalized-checkpoint metadata to a central location. There is this
Jira issue which aims at implementing a solution:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-9114>.

I quickly talked to Stephan, it seems to be that the meta info about
externalized checkpoints is also written to the HA storage directory, maybe
that's helpful for you.

Best,
Aljoscha