Hi,

you could take a look at Bravo [1] to query your savepoints and to check if the
state in the savepoint complete w.r.t your expectations. I somewhat doubt that
there is a general problem with the state/savepoints because many users are
successfully running it on a large state and I am not aware of any data loss
problems, but nothing is impossible. What the savepoint does is also straight
forward: iterate a db snapshot and write all key/value pairs to disk, so all
data that was in the db at the time of the savepoint, should show up. I also
doubt that the problem is about backpressure after restore, because the job
will only continue running after the state restore is already completed. Did
you check if you are using exactly-one-semantics or at-least-once semantics?
Also did you check that the kafka consumer start position is configured
properly [2]? Are watermarks generated as expected after restore?

One more unrelated high-level comment that I have: for a granularity of 24h
windows, I wonder if it would not make sense to use a batch job instead?

Best,
Stefan

[1] https://github.com/king/bravo
[2]