I can see the benefit for other users as well. One could include it as part
of some development/debugging tools, for example. It would not strictly
need to go into Flink but it would have the benefit of better/increased
visibility I guess. In that sense, opening a JIRA issue and posting on dev
might be a good idea to check how much interest is there.

Cheers,
Till