Avi,

The stack trace there is pretty much a red herring.  That happens whenever
a job shuts down for any reason and is not a root cause.  To diagnose this
you will want to look at all the TaskManager logs as well as the JobManager
logs.  If you have a way to easily grep these (all of them at once) I would
search for a string like "to FAILED" on the taskmanagers and look at those
error lines and stacktraces.

Don't be misled by the exception reported in the Flink UI.  It OFTEN isn't
the true root cause but it's a hard problem to solve.  You have to look at
the TaskManager logs to really be sure.

The taskmanager.network.netty.server.numThreads
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/config.html#taskmanager-network-netty-server-numthreads>
is
also a red herring.  I would leave that alone.

Finally, if you have HA and checkpointing setup correctly you will not lose
any state even in the case of losing a JobManager.  The job will
auto-recover as soon as a new JobManager becomes available.

I hope that helps.

-Jamie