Hi Ufuk,

I'm starting to believe the bug is much deeper than the originally reported
error because putting the libraries in `/usr/lib` or `/lib` does not work.
This morning I dug into why putting `libhadoop.so` into `/usr/lib` didn't
work, despite that being in the `java.library.path` at the call site of the
error. I wrote a small program to test the loading of native libraries, and
it was able to successfully load `libhadoop.so`. I'm very perplexed. Could
this be related to the way flink shades hadoop stuff?

Here is my program and its output:

```
$ cat LibTest.scala
package com.redacted.flink

object LibTest {
  def main(args: Array[String]): Unit = {
    val library = args(0)

System.out.println(s"java.library.path=${System.getProperty("java.library.path")}")
    System.out.println(s"Attempting to load $library")
    System.out.flush()
    System.loadLibrary(library)
    System.out.println(s"Successfully loaded ")
    System.out.flush()
}
```

I then tried running that on one of the task managers with `hadoop` as an
argument:

```
$ java -jar lib_test_deploy.jar hadoop
java.library.path=/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/jni:/lib:/usr/lib
Attempting to load hadoop
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no hadoop in
java.library.path
at com.stripe.flink.LibTest$.main(LibTest.scala:11)
at com.stripe.flink.LibTest.main(LibTest.scala)
```

I then copied the native libraries into `/usr/lib/` and ran it again:

```
$ sudo cp /usr/local/hadoop/lib/native/libhadoop.so /usr/lib/
$ java -jar lib_test_deploy.jar hadoop
java.library.path=/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/jni:/lib:/usr/lib
Attempting to load hadoop
Successfully loaded
```

Any ideas?