Sorry there is a typo, corrected it:
val pmtool = ParameterTool.fromArgs(args)
val defaultConfig = ConfigFactory.load() //Default config in
reference.conf/application.conf/system properties/env  of typesafe
val overrideConfigFromArgs =  ConfigFactory.load(pmtool.toMap)
val finalConfig =  overrideConfigFromArgs.withFallBack(defaultConfig)
//This is going to override your default configuration  params