Dear Flink Community!

For some time now Ververica has been hosting some freely available Apache
Flink training materials at https://training.ververica.com. This includes
tutorial content covering the core concepts of the DataStream API, and
hands-on exercises that accompany those explanations.

Website: https://training.ververica.com
Website repo: https://github.com/dataArtisans/flink-training
Exercises: repo: https://github.com/ververica/flink-training-exercises

We would like to contribute this training content to Apache Flink. By doing
so, we hope to make it even easier for folks to get started with Flink.
Especially during this time when so many are working from home, we'd like
to get this self-paced training course out where more people will see it.

If the community wants these training materials, then this also raises the
question of where to put them. We are thinking it would be best to
integrate the website content into flink.apache.org, and to add the
exercises to flink-playgrounds -- but these points can be discussed
separately once we've established that the community wants this content.

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Best regards,
David