Using slotSharingGroup I can do some placement. however, I am using
two different slotSharingGroup for two different sources, even though
they are placed in the same TM. And this starts splitting the
downstream operators in different TM as well.

 stream01 = source01.slot1 -> map01(4).slot1 -> flatmap01(4).slot1 \
 stream02 = source02.slot2 -> map02(4).slot2 -> flatmap02(4).slot2 /
  |-> stream01.union(stream02) -> keyBy -> reducer(8).slot3

I am not sure which configuration I can adjust in the
conf/flink-conf.yaml file to make it works. Currently, my
configuration is like this bellow on the four TMs.

taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots: 4
parallelism.default: 4

Maybe if I use different numberOfTaskSlots on different TMs would it work?

--
-- Felipe Gutierrez
-- skype: felipe.o.gutierrez