I think there is some misunderstanding here: a checkpoint IS (a snapshot
of) the keyed state and operator state (among a few more things). [1]

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/learn-flink/fault_tolerance.html#definitions

--

Arvid Heise | Senior Java Developer

<https://www.ververica.com/>

Follow us @VervericaData

Conference

Ververica GmbH
Managing Directors: Timothy Alexander Steinert, Yip Park Tung Jason, Ji
(Toni) Cheng