Hi, Yifan.
Unfortunately, The State Processor API only supports Datastream currently.
But you still could use it to read your SQL job state.
The most difficult thing is that you have to get the operator id which you
could get from the log of StreamGraphHasherV2.generateDeterministicHash and
state name which you could get from the code of operator.

BTW, About investigating why the checkpoint size keeps growing:
1. Which State Backend are you using ?
2. Are you enabling incremental checkpoint ? The checkpoint size you
mentioned is incremental size or full size ?
3. If full size, Did you evaluate whether the size is matching the
theoretical size ?

On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 1:11 PM Yifan He via user <user@flink.apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> We are investigating why the checkpoint size of our FlinkSQL jobs keeps
> growing and we want to look into the checkpoint file to know what is
> causing the problem. I know we can use the state processor api to read the
> state of jobs using datastream api, but how can I read the state of jobs
> using table api & sql?
>
> Thanks,
> Yifan

Hangxiang.