Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:
On Thu, 2005-26-05 at 12:16 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:

David Crossley wrote:

Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:

4. You will notice that the date in the top right of the pages is
the current date/time as of the moment you click to see each page.
This is supposed to be the "Published" date instead! (I removed
the "Publicado", in Spanish, because it is simply not working).

The server serving the pages doesn't have Java available. Could this
be the reason why I get this weird behaviour?

Perhaps there is a problem with your web server. When i request
HEAD of that document, it shows that there is no "Last-Modified"
header in the response.

To be clear, the last published time is taken from the LAST-MODIFIED header, if it is not present the current date/time is used. Note that it *should* be present, this is a config problem on your server.

As I said before, I have no control over the web server. But I'd like to
know what exactly is needed there to get this feature working. Maybe I
can convince someone to do it :|

How to get it working is dependant on your server. I you want to do it in the generation of the pages search your skin files for document.write("Last Published: " + document.lastModified);

You could change the way this is generated, perhaps taking a value from skinconf. Not ideal as you will have to update skinconf each time you published, but at leat it would work if you can't get the last-modified header.

I glad to see this is helpful. I will continue working with 0.7-dev and
would let you know how it goes. BTW, understanding the menu generation
thing was not trivial. There's a few things the docs fail to mention.
I'll try to put them in some good wording later this week.

That would be superb, if you can then put a patch on our issue tracker, see http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/contrib.html#patch. If you can't provide a patch comments on the issue will help.

Ross