On Fri, 2005-27-05 at 16:53 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:

> > > Strange. That configuration does not seem to be any different
> > > to what we have for forrest.apache.org and it works for us.
> > >
> > > You said that you copied the pelt skin and changed some things.
> > > Perhaps you accidently added something to the stylesheets
> > > when you were experimenting with changing the English terms.
> > > Doing 'diff -r skins/sello-propio skins/pelt' will reveal your
> > > changes.
> >
> > I just did a svn update on my local copy of Forrest. Then I run "forrest
> > seed; forrest" in a clean, empty, directory. I get the "2005 2005"
> > thing. You can see the result at http://colcan.biz/forrest
>
> However, that does not prove anything - that will just merge any
> changes that we might have recently made. You said that you created
> a new skin. I reckon that that is where the problem might be.
> Would you please do the diff command described above.

The new skin lives locally in my sello-propio src directory. I just
copied the common and pelt directories under
sello-propio/src/documentation/skins as per the Forrests docs, updated
sello-propio/forrest.properties, and made local modifications to the
skin.

But the page at colcan.biz is built with an unmodified local svn copy of
the Forrest repository. I have no changes of my own there.

> > > Perhaps there is a problem with your web server. When i request
> > > HEAD of that document, it shows that there is no "Last-Modified"
> > > header in the response.
> >
> > I have no control over the server. What exactly is required for this
> > feature to work?
>
> I notice that you are using the Apache HTTP Server, so send
> your web guy to http://httpd.apache.org/docs/

Well, the service provider uses Apache on a Linux box. I just ftp the
web pages there. Look at http://colcan.biz/site and you will see the
same sello-propio web pages being served out of my own PC. The date is
right, it is the date the web pages were generated. Now, I take these
same pages, ftp them to the real host for sello-propio and the dates
become the current date as of the moment you click on the pages.

So my question still remains, what is it missing in the web server to
make the Last-Modified thing work? My PC seems to be OK, but
sello-propio service provider's seems to be missing something, I just
don't know what that is (java?).

--
Pedro