Ross Gardler wrote:
> Neil Troy wrote:
> >vadim wrote:
> >
> >>Do you know what is the reason to generate tables in PDF files of fixed
> >>width and fixed (probably hardcoded) column width? Tables look really
> >>ugly! Do you know if I can adjust something somewhere to get tables in
> >>PDF files to look better?
>
> FOP (or FO rendering engine) does not support tables that auto size. see
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-object-table
>
> >I needed to fix some tables quick.
>
> Professional patches welcome ;-)
>
> You could count the chars in a all the cells then allocate the space
> accordingly. This would work better but would have problems with tables
> that involved images.
>
> See the files in FORREST_HOME/main/skins/common/xslt/fo/

We have not done very much work to enhance our use of
Apache FOP to transform the docs to PDF. Our stylesheets
are just a beginning. Someone would need to explore
the many powers of FOP and then enhance our xslt/fo/*.xsl

Also people could go to help the Apache FOP community
to find ways to deal with such issues.
http://xml.apache.org/fop/

Anyway please join us on the Forrest dev mailing list
if you wnat to purue this beyond the user level.

David