Ross Gardler a écrit :

vadim wrote:

Do you think it would good idea to introduce an attribute to <th>
element, whose value will indicate width of the column, for example, in
percent from the total width?

My own view on this is that since Forrest is intended to provide output in many different output formats a width attribute is a dangerous thing. When it translates to, for example, a small screen it can make a table look awful (not that they look good with the current solution).

I would rather see output stylesheets optimising the use of the page accoring to the output medium. This means improving on the existing calculation algorithm.

Other devs may not agree though, they may say "but a width attribute is vey quick and very easy, and an output plugin could choose to ignore it if it wanted to".

What do people think?

I am working on using java classes in stylesheets in order to measure images - which are not displayed in pdf if too large - or texts size. IMHO, I really think that we can improve output stylesheets existing calculation algorithm without adding any attributes in the sources.

Cyriaque,

Ross

Best regards, vadim tarassov.