On Feb 6, 2007, at 2:54 PM, Spotts, Joel ((ISS Atlanta)) wrote:

I have a gbean packaged within a signed jar that is placed in my EAR. Trouble is it seems that geronimo uses proxy classes on the gbean class files, which results in the dreaded:

java.lang.SecurityException: class "..."'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

when geronimo attempts to start the gbean. Anyone have a solution to this problem other than not signing the jar?

Hi Yoel,
Interesting. First I've heard of this problem, but it makes sense. I don't really have a "solution" for you.

1) As you suggest,  don't sign your jar... :-P
2) Turn off proxy generation in the server. This, however, has the unfortunate side-effect of breaking the admin console. So, this really isn't much of an option.

Perhaps somebody else can chime in...

--kevan