On Aug 28, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Paolo Denti wrote:

ok, thanks. therefore the problem "should" lie in how the transactionManager is looked up, that is the method getTransactionManager of the GeronimoTransactionManagerLookup class.

Right. Paolo, at a minimum, I think you need to update your GeronimoTransactionManagerLookup class to contain the following setting of TransactionMgrGBeanName:

public static final String TransactionMgrGBeanName="geronimo:J2EEServer=geronimo,ServiceModule=org. apache.geronimo.configs/transaction/2.0.1/ car,j2eeType=TransactionManager,name=TransactionManager";

I don't have a working hibernate environment, at the moment. If you could try this new setting, it would be great...

--kevan