Hi Nick,

I totally disagree. The delta is not just time, but the need of a full blown
database that I need to operate with plenty of cpu, memory, and disk usage.

Best Regards, Joachim

Von: Nick Couchman [mailto:vn...@apache.org]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 29. April 2018 21:41
An: user@guacamole.apache.org
Betreff: Re: tree support in user-mapping.xml

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Joachim Lindenberg <joac...@lindenberg.one
<mailto:joac...@lindenberg.one> > wrote:

Hello,

I do have my extension for Hyper-V, that does authentication and authorizations
for my Hyper-V guests. However I also would like to include some of my
infrastructure (SSH, VNC, etc.) into the solution – and preferably not as a
flat list but with some hierarchy. I do understand that I can run a database
and insert all information, likely in parallel to my own extension. However I
think that´s overkill (with one user, and system load and backup is an issue)
and would prefer if the
<http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#user-mapping>
user-mapping.xml could be extended to support a (simple, i.e. one level totally
fine) tree structure.

No, the basic file authentication (user-mapping.xml) extension does not support
any organization to the connections.  The JDBC module is actually the only
module that does - all of the other modules that support connections (LDAP,
upcoming QuickConnect, and Basic File Authentication) simply put the
connections in a single, flat root group with no ability to organize them.  If
you need this functionality, you need to use the JDBC module - it's worth the
very slight overhead and additional 10 minutes of work to get it set up.