Hello party people......I am really about to tear my eyes out dealing with
this issue.....

I am working on deploying a guacamole setup to my AWS account, however,
after leaving instances running accidentally on a few occasions, I figure it
would be better to get the configuration down on a local network before
deploying on the cloud.....

So.....

I have two Xubuntu 18.03 VMs running in virtual box. One of them has xrdp
installed and the other guacamole server installed. During the build process
for guacamole server, I installed most of the optional dependencies,
including libfreerdp-dev and binary packages. When I ran the .configure
script, it informed me all protocols were enabled except telnet. After
deploying the war file to tomcat, however, guacamole kicks back a message
stating the connection has timed out. Now here is the super annoying
part.....I know this is not an issue with rdp because I installed remmina
(multi protocol remote desktop tool, for any unfamiliar with ubuntu
packages) and was able to initiate an rdp connection from the guacamole
machine with zero issue. Same thing when I connect from my host machine to
the xrdp host, zero issue. I set the basic parameters in the
user-mapping.xml file: hostname, port, username, password. I wont be back to
my main machine for a few hours so I cannot post log details at the moment.
I can provide those shortly.

Any pointers in the right direction would be swell.....thanks :

--
Sent from: