On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:19 AM doyouhas <zjpia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response my dude. Was able to connect to main machine
> and pull some more details.
>
> *sudo apt list libfreerdp-dev *
>         libfreerdp-dev/bionic,now
> 1.1.0~git20140921.1.440916e+dfsg1-15ubuntu1 amd64
> [installed]

Okay, that should be completely compatible.  Can you confirm what version
of guacd you have installed?

> Not sure I enabled guacd in debug mode or not....executed the following
> *sudo /etc/init.d/guacd start -L debug -f*

No, you don't want to do this via the init script, you want to actually run
the binary like this.  You could modify the init script and add the startup
options, but for debugging it's probably just easiest to start the binary
directly - /usr/sbin/guacd -L debug -f, assuming that's where guacd is
installed.  Could be in /usr/local/sbin, instead.  "which guacd" might help.

Also, you mentioned this is installed in AWS, I think, and you said you've
verified that you can make the RDP connection from the system running guacd
to the xrdp system, correct?  That kind of eliminates the AWS security
groups as the culprit, but probably worth verifying just to make sure.

-Nick