On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 9:55 PM doyouhas <[email protected]> wrote: > Hello, > > I have another question for you guys. I am trying to integrate my > application with guacamole, providing a way for my customer to easily spin > up training environments for their students. I am creating a dashboard for > instructors to view all of their current registrations. Once a registration > has been verified, spin up an EC2 instance, and allow the students to > connect via guacamole. Ideally, I would like to insert a link into the > instructor dashboard with the URL to launch the guacamole viewer for said > instance, so the instructor does not need to keep multiple tabs open. > > I'm assuming the link to open any given connection is not set in the > database and is generated on demand? So if I wanted to grab that URL, I > would need a guac API call? I would appreciate if someone could tell me a > way to grab those links without going through the API, as my app is written > in python. > > The links are generated in a predictable fashion. You can see the code here:
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/blob/master/guacamole/src/main/webapp/app/navigation/types/ClientIdentifier.js The toString() method, in particular, combines the various aspects of the ClientIdentifier into a predictable, Base64-encoded string: https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/blob/7d822df5a3b040bf61d1055fe7bffaf1996c0983/guacamole/src/main/webapp/app/navigation/types/ClientIdentifier.js#L110-L116 So, for any given connection, you can provide a link to it using the /client/ path and then the output from that method. So, something like: http://my.guacmaole.server/guacamole/#/client/<identifier> -Nick
