On Sat, Oct 13, 2018, 10:30 Adi Linden <adilin...@adis.ca> wrote:

> Mysql works fine when directly connecting to guacamole, without proxy or
> header authentication. DB settings defined in guacamole.properties and user
> in mysql match. Do I need to do something else for header authentication to
> allow looking up information in the profile?

You need to grant access to the connections using the admin interface. This
isn't something specific to the header authentication, but necessary in
general for any non-admin user to see/use connections:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/administration.html#user-management

As long as the user has access to connections, all that matters is that the
username in the header matches the username of a user in MySQL. When the
user is authenticated via the header (or any other auth implementation
present), the MySQL auth will trust that result and return the data
available to that user.

This is the generic mechanism which allows things like LDAP and MySQL to be
combined:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.html#ldap-and-database

user-mapping.xml will not do this, but the MySQL auth will.