On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 1:31 PM Not Speedy <notspeed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this is more of an fyi..I updated my system today and guacamole broke.  I
> noticed this in my tomcat logs..
> Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'CDT' is
> unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure
> either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration
> property).....
>
> To get around this, I set the global timezone to match the timezone on the
> server.
>
>  (confirm path of your OS timezone info)
> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root MySQL
>
> then connect to instance and
> SET GLOBAL time_zone = America/Chicago;
>
> I don't know if this is a bug with the db or driver. it could be an
> intentional change. If its intentional, it might be handy to add a
> connection string option to guacamole.properties to handle this.

It seems like several different languages and systems have started warning
about unreliable guessing of timezones.  PHP did this a while back, and
you're supposed to either set it at a system level or within the code.  So,
not terribly surprising that it's making its way into other places, too.

If you want to you can enter a feature request (or maybe minor bug?) for
this in the Guacamole JIRA instance so we can track getting that added.
Probably worth taking a look at the other DBs and seeing if they need it
added, as well.