Von: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 3. Mai 2020 21:46
An: user@guacamole.apache.org
Betreff: Re: How can Guacamole be customized?

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 12:17 PM Joachim Lindenberg <joac...@lindenberg.one
<mailto:joac...@lindenberg.one> > wrote:

I agree with always use https, but disagree with always 2FA, and password
expiries have to be considered a bad practice nowadays. But all of this is kind
of off-topic w.r.t. Gucacamole - ultimately all of us have to make their own
decisions and sometimes trade-offs.
What I believe we should agree on is, that it should be easier to customize the
user interface, no matter what the reason is. I know it is possible to write an
extension doing that, but an example extension with good documentation would be
definitely welcome. Right now there are many extensions out for authentication,
but I am not aware of any that comes without java code but extends the user
interface, and if only adding a link or overriding an image.

You're not the first one to ask about that.

Does anyone have source code and is willing to share it?

I just put together a pull request for the guacamole-client repo that contains
some example code.  I don't know if/when it will be merged into the repository,
but you're welcome to take a look at it and see if it's something that helps
you out:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/pull/508

https://github.com/necouchman/guacamole-client/tree/jira/747

This branding extension does the following:

- Changes the image used on the logon page

- Changes the title used for the logon page and browser bar

- Adds a warning banner on the logon page directly under the title and above
the username/password boxes

- Customizes the font used throughout the interface

- Customizes several color schemes used throughout the interface, notably
headers and buttons

Hope it helps.