On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 7:36 AM ivanmarcus <ivanmar...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Like Sean I've not done anything much with the Docker image - in fact I've
> never used it.
>
> However I did try converting an Ubuntu 20.04 Guacamole VM with MySQL auth
> to use the user-mapping.xml file.
>
> The following seemed to work:
>

> mv /etc/guacamole/extensions/guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.1.0.jar /home/
> (moved rather than deleted as I wanted to put it back after this test!)
>
> mv /etc/guacamole/guacamole.properties /home (as above)
>
> nano /etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml (create the necessary user detail in
> this file etc)
>
> service guacd restart
>
> service tomcat9 restart
>

> After this I was able to log into Guacamole with the user-mapping
> user/pass, and was at the login page for an RDP target I had running. I
> didn't go any further but have no reason to assume it wouldn't work as
> advertised from there.
>
> That said, I'm not totally certain that's all that'd be required, you may
> find something else you need to do. Either way if you do successfully
> modify the image it'd be useful if you posted your findings/method back to
> the list in case anyone else wants to do this, thanks.

According to the docs that's all that is required:
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#basic-auth

To customize the default docker image you can use a `Dockerfile` like this:
```
FROM guacamole/guacamole
RUN rm /etc/guacamole/guacamole.properties
```

Then build the modified image: `docker build -t guacamole/guacamole:custom`

I believe that's all that is needed. You also have to use the environment
variables GUACD_HOSTNAME and GUACD_PORT, as explained here:
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-docker.html#guacamole-docker-guacd
Also use the image `guacamole/guacamole:custom` instead of
`guacamole/guacamole`.

Regards,
Dashamir