On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 5:02 AM Hugh Barnard
<hugh.barn...@protonmail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> I'm very new to guacamole,
>
> I've run up and instance with Tomcat and 1.5.5 on a Raspberry Pi. It works
> and I'm not trying to do multiuser vnc:
>
>    - tigervncserver on user1 as :3
>    - tigervncserver on user2 as :4
>    - user-mapping.xml for user1 and user2
>
> This seems OK, but results in two instances of guacd, is this normal? I'm
> trying to do cleanup scripts etc.so at the moment I have sudo killall guacd.

Yes, this is perfectly normal - the guacd process forks when a new
connection is created, which starts a new process with the original guacd
process as the parent. If you have 2 active connections you should actually
see 3 guacd processes - the listening/original one, plus one for each
connection that is running.

> Also when I'm in the Pi desktop is there a clean way of leaving it? I'm
> trying to develop this for Pi students who haven't got a physical Pi yet,
> that's the context of all this.
>
> From the Guacamole perspective, there's nothing you necessarily need to do
to leave it "cleanly." From the VNC side, keep in mind that you need to
factor in security so that someone cannot come along and connect to the
available VNC port/session and get access to files, applications, etc.,
that someone else started.