Hi Frode,

Well some context this project, I  inherited when I joined my current
company, and one that offshore couldn't quite get working. While I know
that historically they've had slower performance with NoVNC, and I think
the issues were more on the high latency end, with customer on the other
side of the planet. I know that IT is looking into local data centers to
help this, but my current task is to figure out what knobs and dials I can
tweak, to eek out a little more performance.

I'm not even sure how to test performance, other than putting it on a
server, and have customers we are friendly with give it a try. Which is
something we will do. Locally testing the performance seems to be fine. The
latency between  the vnc server and the Guacamole server(Guacamole in our
custom app), should be minimal, as in Dev they are on the same box, and in
Prod they would be in the same data center. I'll have to ask IT for some
number on that, just to make sure.

Right now I haven't set any encoding in the user-mapping file, so we just
have the defaults. From what offshore told me this morning, offshore said
these didn't make any difference. Not that I believe that. So are there
things there that I can tweak?  Also in my app I'm not using that file, but
I do the equivalent, when I create the tunnel, setting the config. Right
now I'm just setting the host, port and password. I've played with
color-depth, which I can set to 16 or 24, I tried 8 but got a 515 error.

Thanks,
Tucker