About the first question:
- For guacd, have you linked the necessary Guacamole libraries into the
FreeRDP lib directory? The following thread should help you with that - the
guacdr.so and guacsnd.so files are the ones you're interested in.
A: The guacdr-client.so and guacsnd-client.so files have been linked.
We want to first make a clean picture of the system we are running and see
if it answers your other questions:
- We have one EC2 with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS installed. We have deployed
Guacamole in this machine.
- We can use both VNC viewer as well as browsers (like Chrome or Firefox) to
load the remote desktop via our laptops. Our laptops are also running Ubuntu
and the sound system is working perfectly in these laptops.
- Connecting a local PulseAudio sound server directly to the PulseAudio
server on the remote instance actually does deliver sound that we can hear
on our local laptop.
- We've double-checked the enable-audio setting, the added line in
/etc/pulse/default.pa, and the `netstat -ln | grep 4713` result.
- When we load the remote desktop in our browsers or VNC viewer, and we try
to play a video or music in the remote desktop (by opening Chrome or Firefox
in the remote system), we can see that the decibel meter is bouncing in
PulseAudio volume control in the remote desktop and also in the remote
desktop Chrome we see the small sound icon. But we cannot hear any audio. In
the volume control gui of the remote desktop we see "Dummy Output" virtual
device against which the meter bounces.
View this message in context:
Sent from the Apache Guacamole (incubating) - Users mailing list archive at