Hi, do u have below property on core-site.xml file used by your hdfs?

<property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.HTTP.hosts</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.HTTP.groups</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>

Hello all,

We need to run several HTTPFS instances on our Hadoop cluster, with
different users (basically, one HTTPFS per team).

In our setup, each HTTPFS instance runs as a team user and is allowed write
access to that user’s directory only (so, HTTPFS does not run as the httpfs
user).

However, this setup does not work, as we get exceptions related to
impersonation, such as this one:

{"RemoteException":{"message":"User: *team_user* is not allowed to
impersonate *team_user*
","exception":"RemoteException","javaClassName":"org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException"}}

*So, it seems that HTTPFS unconditionally tries to impersonate a user, even
though it’s running as that same user*. Is there a way to somehow disable
impersonation?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nathaniel