don’t you get the same permissions based protections?

Generally speaking, gateways such as HttpFs provide access on behalf of
endusers.

On Jun 3, 2015, at 7:44 AM, Nathaniel Braun
<n.br...@criteo.com<mailto:n.br...@criteo.com>> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

With this setup, only the HTTP user will be able to impersonate other users, so
HTTPFS has to run with the HTTP user.

Instead, I need users to run HTTPFS with their own user, not with the HTTP user.

Thanks

From: Wellington Chevreuil [mailto:wellington.chevre...@gmail.com]
Sent: mercredi 3 juin 2015 13:41
To: user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: HTTPFS without impersonation

Hi, do u have below property on core-site.xml file used by your hdfs?

<property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.HTTP.hosts</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.HTTP.groups</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>

Hello all,

We need to run several HTTPFS instances on our Hadoop cluster, with different
users (basically, one HTTPFS per team).

In our setup, each HTTPFS instance runs as a team user and is allowed write
access to that user’s directory only (so, HTTPFS does not run as the httpfs
user).

However, this setup does not work, as we get exceptions related to
impersonation, such as this one:

{"RemoteException":{"message":"User: team_user is not allowed to
impersonateteam_user","exception":"RemoteException","javaClassName":"org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException"}}

So, it seems that HTTPFS unconditionally tries to impersonate a user, even
though it’s running as that same user. Is there a way to somehow disable
impersonation?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Nathaniel