Is your NVMe shared and all datanodes sending I/O to the same set of disks
? Is it possible for you to see the I/O queue length of the NVMe Devices?
I would suggest that you try to find out what is causing the perf issue,
and once we know in ball park where the issue is -- that is, is it disks or
HDFS, it might be possible to see what we can do.

Thanks
Anu