Hi Anu,

Each datanode has own Samsung NVMe SSD which is on storage node.
In other words, just separate compute node and storage (nvme ssd).

I know that the maximum bandwidth of my Samsung NVMe SSD is about 3GB / s.

Experimental results of TestDFSIO and HDFS_API show that the
performance of local NVMe SSD is up to 2GB / s, while NVMeOF SSD has
500 ~ 800MB / s performance.
Even IPoIB using InfiniBand has a bandwidth of 1GB / s.

In research papers evaluating NVMeOF through FIO or KV Store
applications, the performance of NVMeOF is similar to that of local
SSD.
They said also, in order to improve NVMeOF performance as much as
local level, it is required to perform parallel IO.
Why does not the performance of NVMeOF IO bandwidth in HDFS be as good as local?

Regards,
Daegyu

2019년 6월 26일 (수) 오전 12:04, Anu Engineer <aengin...@cloudera.com>님이 작성: