Hi Augustine,

Java 11 is not supported even in the latest version in Apache Hadoop.
I hope Apache Hadoop 3.3.0 will support Java 11 (only runtime support) but
3.3.0 is not released yet.
(Our company (Yahoo! JAPAN) builds trunk with OpenJDK 8 and run HDFS dev
cluster with OpenJDK 11 successfully.)

CDH 6 backports some patches from trunk and that's why it supports
openjdk11.

> Which jdks's/jvm's are supported
Now Apache Hadoop is using OpenJDK for build environment, and that's why
OpenJDK should be supported in the community.
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/rel/release-3.2.1/dev-support/docker/Dockerfile#L92
Other jdk's/jvm's should work well, but I think they are not officially
supported.

I'll update the wiki to include that information.

Regards,
Akira