Ok,

Silly question...

Inside the /usr/lib/hbase/*.jar (base jar for HBase) There's an export/import
tool.

If you supply the #versions, and the start time and end time, you can timebox
your scan so your map/reduce job will let you do daily, weekly, etc type of
incremental backups.

So here's my questions:

1) Is anyone using this.
2) There isn't any documentation, I'm assuming that the start time and end
times are timestamps (long values representing the number of miliseconds since
the epoch which are what is being stored in hbase).
3) Is there an easy way to convert a date in to a time stamp? (not in ksh, and
I'm struggling on finding a way to reverse the datetime object in python.

Thx

-Mike