StAck...

LOL...

The idea is to automate the use of the export function to be run within a cron
job.
(And yes, there are some use cases where we want to actually back data up.. ;-)
I originally wanted to do this in ksh (yeah I'm that old. :-) but ended up
looking at Python because I couldn't figure out how to create the time stamp in
ksh.

As to documentation... just something which tells us what is meant by start
time and end time. (Like that its in ms from the epoch instead of making us
assume that.)
[And you know what they say about assumptions.]

As to converting the date / time to a timestamp...

In Python:
You build up a date object then you can do the following:
mytime = datetime.datetime(year,month,day,hour,min,sec) *where hour,min,sec are
optional
mytimestamp = time.mktime(mytime.timetuple())

I'm in the process of testing this... I think it will work.

Thx

-Mike